Forslag til bokse på portalsiderne
The Scout Promise (WOSM 2014)
On my honour I promise that I will do my best —
- To do my duty to God and the King (or to God and my Country);
- To help other people at all times;
- To obey the Scout Law.
The Scout Law 1.A Scout’s honour is to be trusted. 2.A Scout is loyal. 3.A Scout’s duty is to be useful and to help others. 4.AScout is a friend to all and a brother to everyother Scout. 5.A Scout is courteous. 6.A Scout is a friend to animals. 7.A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster without question. 8.A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties. 9.A Scout is thrifty. 10.A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed
Scout Promise fra WP:en Skabelon:TOC right Since the publication of Scouting for Boys in 1908, all Scouts and Guides around the world have taken a Scout (or Guide) promise or oath to live up to ideals of the movement, and subscribed to a Scout Law. The wording of the Scout Promise (or Oath) and Scout Law have varied slightly over time and from country to country. Some national organization promises are given below. Although most Scouting and Guiding organizations use the word 'promise', a few such as the Boy Scouts of America tend to use 'oath' instead. Typically, Scouts and Guides will make the three-fingered Scout Sign when reciting the promise.
Original 1908 text
In his original book on boy scouting, Baden-Powell introduced the Scout Promise, as follows:
World Organization of the Scout Movement requirements
The form of the promise has varied slightly from country to country and over time, but must fulfill the requirements of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) to qualify a National Scout Organization for membership. Together with clarifying its Scout Law, the Constitution of WOSM states:
In order to accommodate many different religions within Scouting, "God" may refer to a higher power, and is not specifically restricted to the God of the monotheistic religions. The WOSM Constitution explains "Duty to God" as "Adherence to spiritual principles, loyalty to the religion that expresses them and acceptance of the duties resulting therefrom."
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), which is a sister organization to WOSM, has the very same wording in their constitution (Part I, Article 2: Original Promise), and follows similar policies.
Although the Constitution of WOSM states that the Promise should include a reference to Duty to God, Lord Baden-Powell approved the use of promises with reference to a higher ideal, higher truth, an optional reference to God, or without a reference to God, for Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and Finland. Three of these countries still offer this alternative promise (France, the Netherlands and Czech Republic). WOSM stated in 1932 that no new exceptions would be made and expressed the hope that the few remaining countries would stop using a promise without any reference to Duty to God.
In 1969, the Eclaireuses et Eclaireurs israélites de France decided to discontinue using the reference to God due to its inconsistency with religious beliefs and practices from a Jewish perspective. Use of the word God (Dieu), derived from Zeus, can be seen as an inappropriate pagan reference in Jewish texts or education.
Scout sections that follow traditional Scouting, such as Baden-Powell Scouts within the World Federation of Independent Scouts, use several promises including the original Scout promise above that includes the reference to God. Some, however, for example the 1st Tarrant Scout Group in Fort Worth, Texas use a blend of the original promise and the "Outlander Promise" which, "according to tradition", B-P wrote for Scouts that had to omit the reference to God or a monarch for reasons of conscience.
Kristelig Dagblad 30. oktober 1999:
Tidligere lektor, cand.mag. Svend Ranvig, Sorø, er død. Han blev 83 år. Svend Ranvig var student fra Sorø Akademi og kom efter skoleembedseksamen i dansk, latin og gymnastik tilbage til sin gamle skole som lærer i 1944. I 1961 blev han lektor og nogle år senere også skolens bibliotekar. Han gik på pension i 1985. Svend Ranvig var i 38 år tropsfører i Det danske Spejderkorps og redigerede i mange år Det danske Spejderkorps' lederblad Spejdersport. Han oversatte Baden-Powells erindringer, »Livets Skole«, hans »Scouting for Boys« og hans officielle biografi, som Lady Baden- Powell var medforfatter til. Svend Ranvig skrev den første spejderbog for Grønland med dansk og grønlandsk tekst og har skrevet »Det danske Spejderkorps' historie 1909-1973«. Derudover skrev han blandt andet »Sorø Akademis Bygningers Historie« og »Sorøkrøniken I-II«.
- Baden-Powell, C.B., F.R.G.S., Lieut.-General R. S. S. (1908). Scouting for Boys (Part I udg.). Windsor House, Bream's Buildings, London E.C.: Horace Cox. p. 40.
- WOSM Constitution and By-Laws. World Scout Bureau. July 1983, April 2000. http://www.scout.org/en/content/download/13661/118988/file/WOSMconstitutionE.pdf. Hentet 2007-03-10.
- (PDF)WAGGGS Constitution and Bye-Laws. WAGGGS World Bureau. December 1936, June 2005. http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/grab/1109/1/1ConstitutionbookletEnglish.pdf. Hentet 2007-03-10.
- WOSM and WAGGGS (13 June 2001). Report on the Discussion on the Fundamental Principles of WAGGGS and WOSM. pp. 7–8. http://www.ppoe.at/scoutdocs/relationships/wagggs_wosm_rel.pdf. Hentet 6 August 2009.
- FRIENDS OF ISRAEL SCOUTS: ABOUT THE TZOFIM'S OATH & COMMANDMENTS. http://www.israelscouts.org/scouts_oath.html. Hentet 2009-08-25. Arkiveret 2007-12-04.
- Promesses des éclaireuses et éclaireurs israélites de France. http://fr.scoutwiki.org/Promesses_des_%C3%A9claireuses_et_%C3%A9claireurs_isra%C3%A9lites_de_France. Hentet 2009-08-25.
- Paracha Ki Tétsé 576 : Dieu ou Bon Dieu ?. http://www.eeif.org/paradet.php?recordID=118. Hentet 2009-08-25.
- BP Scouting. BP Scouting. http://www.bpscouting.org/. Hentet 2007-03-10.
- B-P Scouts Introduction. 1st Tarrant Baden-Powell Scouts. http://www.1sttarrantbpscouts.org/Intro.html. Hentet 2007-03-10.
- B-P Law & Promise. Inquiry Net. http://www.inquiry.net/ideals/b-p/law.htm. Hentet 2007-03-10.